Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A " Redeye " kinda Day #roanokebass

I Haven't had a lot of time to fish this year so most of my 'trips"have been short trips. Tuesday April the 3rd would be more of the same. I had an Appointment to take care of some of my mothers stuff this am and this evening I had a Lodge meeting so that meant no canoe trip today. 
I started off at first light at a spot where I  have spent many wonderful  mornings. Today I caught 3 bass and lost 2. All on Black Chug Bug.

At 8:30 I had to hit the road for my appointment.  I then  went to a local river in search of some Bass and   Roanoke Bass . I arrived at the pull off at aprox 2 pm and fished till 3 pm.  Very few hits but I did Manage to land a couple of Roanoke Bass  aka  "Redeyes" .                                                              

Today for Roanoke Bass  I used a #2  Mepps Minnow w/  a Silver Blade. Gold  also works great .
For more info on Roanoke Bass in North Carolina and Virginia see  http://mackinncblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Roanoke%20Bass

Mack 
#Ambloplites cavifrons
#roanokebass