Sunday, September 30, 2012

Small river float w/Jeff

Several weeks ago(9/1/12) Jeff and I made a trip to one of our favorite rivers in the Piedmont of North Carolina.  Today our main quarry would be crappie . Here is Jeff with an average Crappie from this river.


This was my first fish of the day. All of my Crappie came on a Jig head with a Kalin grub . The color was "Acid Rain" . Most were caught by casting to one particular hole but we also caught a few trolling. 




A nice eater.





                                                                 Jeff with a decent bass.




                                    Me with a decent bass. If my memory is correct I caught 4 bass and Jeff maybe caught 6 bass.  Most of my bass fell victim to a Black Buzzer.





This guy below was the only other fisherman we saw that day. This has to be the smallest Jon Boat I have ever seen. 8' perhaps?


We brought back some of the biggest crappie and a couple of nice Green Sunfish. All Bass and the smaller pan fish were released. The fish below were released into Crisco!



A big Thanks to Jeff....oh, and  I need my nice cooler back!

5 comments:

Feather Chucker said...

Good stuff, I'd like to check out that stream some time.

Fish Whisperer said...

If that's your nice cooler, I'd hate to see your bad one!

fishing punta cana said...

I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.

Mack said...

Thanks for the kind comments....Mack

Unknown said...

I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.
fishing in punta cana