Sunday, April 19, 2015

Awesome Evening White Shad Fishing

Date 4/16/2015
Time 5-7 PM
Lures Used -  1/8 oz Pink headed jig w/ White Grub
or Chartreuse Grub and a split shot aprox 1 Ft above it
Water Temp - 59 degrees

Sad day today.   We laid to rest my Mother in law ( Lillie Mae Turner) today.  She loved to fish so after everything had settled down we figured it was ok for My son(her grandson) and myself to go fishing for a few hours.

She must have been watching as my son put on a show catching White Shad.  He must have caught twice as many as me but that's OK. He is the only person that I don't mind out fishing me.

Like most shad they wanted the grub slow and deep. I actually caught a few while watching the Osprey's that were continually putting on a show for us .    I had several times stopped  my lure to watch the Osprey's and was surprised by several hookups doing this.

My son probably caught 10 big ones and me maybe 5.  The only other fish we caught was I snagged a big ole gizzard shad in the back.

My son has caught lots of Hickories before but today was his first time catching White or American shad.

Here are a few pictures.





Thanks, Mack

No comments: