Saturday, November 14, 2015

November Pier Fishing

Date-11/8/2015
Location- SE NC  Coast
Bait/Lure  Gotcha Plugs for Blues
Cut bait (blues) for bottom fishing
430PM-11pm


Headed down south to try some Pier fishing for Drum.   I arrived at the pier an immediately saw people cleaning Blues at the cleaning station and when I got to the end they were still catching them.

I tied on a gotcha plug and the action was pretty fast.  Caught too many Blues to count. They were a blast! Most were small but these were fun. I am at the point in my life that while I still luv to catch big fish I am happy with just catching fish and especially fish that I havn't caught in a while.





After dark I put on a Drum rig and fished cut bait on the bottom.  I had several runs but only one hookup which had to be a big ray.  After about 10 minutes I broke the line to end the battle,

A good few hours on a pier.   After leaving the Pier I stopped here for a cold one.  Really a nice bar with character.  There are 1$ bills all over the walls and ceiling where patrons have left them with their name and date they were there.







No comments: