Sunday, August 7, 2016

My Biggest Bass of 2016 (so far)

 This Trip took place on July the 25.  I haven't  Bass fished much this year so this is my biggest of the year.  7.8 lbs .  2/10ths more and It would have been 8.  Here is the story.

I Got on the water  at 7am , and lasted until right at 9. Man is was hot at 9am! Caught maybe 15 crappie and 2 cats. Most of the Crappie were small but several were decent. The smallest crappie I caught had eyes bigger than its mouth. This little sucker hit a 1/2 oz Trap.




I also caught 2 catfish, 1 that was maybe a 1 1/2 lbs and another that may have went 4. The catfish hit an acid rain grub as well as most of the crappie hit the acid rain grub

I was thinking about leaving and was casting one of my last casts and BAM! Hard puller that stayed deep and strong. Really felt like a catfish as this fish never came up till the end and was digging deep. When I first got a look at this fish I was like . I got the fish in and it weighed 3.54 on the scale!!!!

 I was like thinking like there is no way this fish is not 7lbs  or more. re- zeroed the scale and it said 3.54. What? Then I looked at it and it was on Kilograms! Took a shot of the fish and released it. Then did the conversion and 3.54 KG converts to 7.8 lbs. Sorry guys, no smile as a fish has to weigh 8 plus for that.




Water Temp - 84 degrees
Air temp - 84 degrees
Reel- Shimano Citica
Rod - Shimano Compre 6'6'' MH
Line - 12 lb Stren
Lures Used  - 1/2 oz  trap, Kalins Acid Rain Grub, Monks 1/16 oz Chartreuse head

No comments: