Sunday, February 12, 2023

LJ Brasher and His Jitterbug Modification - The Monster Bass Fisherman

 021223

LJ Brasher and his Jitterbug modifications.

LJ Brasher was the first Big Bass Fisherman I read about.   Now I want go into too much detail here about his tactics as you can google him and find it all out but he used big Black musky Jitterbugs at night, 14'' plastic worms by day,   Abu reels , heavy line and fished a 100 mile radius around Madison Florida.   This Opelika Alabama Resident was IMHO the best Big Bass fisherman there ever was.   He caught well over 500 bass over 10 lbs and one summer I think he Caught 80 over 10 lbs and I know for sure he caught 5 over 10 lbs in one night !! and he mounted all of them on a stringer seen below. 





My Brasher would fish sometimes for up to 2 days in his boat without ever getting out.  His tactics along with his persistance is why he caught so many.   Unfortunatly he passed away in the late 90's and my one regret is I never drove down there to meet him. 


Here is a video I did of LJ Brasher's Jitterbug modification.  


Thanks and leave some comments if you knew Mr  LJ Brasher or just really liked his tactics.

#LJBRASHER

#jitterbug

#bigbass

#monsterbass



No comments: