Monday, August 13, 2012

Jug Fishing Jordan Lake

I finally made it out to Jordan Lake yesterday 08122012 for some jug fishing. I left worked at 6:05 and was on the water settin jugs at 6:45. This evening I would use 2 types of jugs. 1- pvc pool noodle jugs and the other 2- plastic bottles 1/2 painted white. Most droppers would be 5 ft.   If I were to fish Kerr Lake I would have some jugs set for 15 and 20 ' but 5' does good at Jordan. I used to use orange colored orange juice bottles but switched to these after seeing videos on you tube and  how well they worked and more importantly they take up less space. I made them right at 1 year ago when I was recovering from a surgery and could not get on the water. See this post for more info on these jugs.
 http://mackinncblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/catfish-jugs.html

My boat used today would be my Old Town 158 canoe solo sitting on the front seat but looking towards the stern. That way the canoe is more level and performs better....I baited the jugs with cut pieces of frozen bream soaked in garlic juice. Then I waited. At aprox 745 I was thinking I could of had  a nice relaxing night at home since I hadn't had so much as a nibble. But, a little while later it was as if someone had flipped a switch to "on"....I had to chase jugs and that means paddling.

Here are some of the jugs




Finally!...............Fish on!!!!!!!!!!



A nice channel cat......


I caught a lot of very small channel cats and then this nice White Catfish....


I left at 10 pm while the cats were still biting --got to wk (tommorow) but had an excellent time jug fishing Jordan Lake for a few hours........ Mack

#catfish
#jugfishing

3 comments:

Feather Chucker said...

I've always thought about trying that. I guess I felt it is lazy mans fishing. I'm not judging because I'll most likely try it one day. It seems to work well.

Mack said...

Hello Kevin.....Jug fishing is very exciting and ig the fish are biting as they were fron 8-10 then it can be very tiring especially if you you have to paddle after them in a cano....I can't wait to go back out......Mack

platsimple said...

Thanks! Look for additional posts on this topic soon. Also like to admire the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer! I will bookmark your blog!
Lake Designers