Sunday, October 6, 2013

A few pictures from this year on the Dan River

I have only fished the Dan twice this year as it has been too high for my liking most of the time. Here are a few pictures from the Dan this year.

1st trip this spring
 

 
 

Poor lil Pete. Somehow I hooked him in one of his big ears with a spinnerbait. You have never heard so much screaming from a dog. As soon as I got it out he was just fine and acted like nothing happened.
 
I thought this guys setup was pretty neat.  Small Jon and 8hp motor that he lowers to the river with a winch instead of a vehicle.
 
 
These pictures are from a trip about 2 weeks ago. Caught 1 smallie which will probably be my 1 and only for the year with hunting season coming soon. The water was a little high for my liking and he bite was defiantly way off as this stretch usually provides plenty of bites but not today.   1 fish caught but still a great day on the river. Also,  some nice flowers on the river.
 

 
 
 
 MACK

#danriver
#smallmouthbass

No comments: