Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My Favorite Big Bass Spinnerbait - Booyah !

I finally did it.  This day has come sooner than I expected.  I have lost my last Black Bushhog spinnerbait and cant find another one in my stash of lures.  This bait was Black with 2 Colorado copper blades and was a fish catchin lure bar none . Hopefully one day I will find 1 buried under other lures I have stored in my many drawers of lures.    The Bush Hog Spinnerbait made in Georgia hasn't been produced in years and can longer be found on eBay and old tackle shops. This bait has accounted for a very large percentage of the bass I have caught over 8 lbs and 2 over 10lbs.

Thanks to Fishwhisperer I have found the closest lure to the Bushhog and it is a Black Booya Tux and Tails with 2 copper Colorado blades.  The Tux and Tail has a skirt with a long tail and I trim that even with the rest of the skirt. It is a good(and only) substitute I have found for the ole Bushhog.
Here is a picture of the Booya.

Get this Lure Here -   https://amzn.to/3UtrLRQ


This spinnerbait is an awesome lure in the piedmont of North Carolina and especially in the Blackwater of eastern NC and SC. It is my go to big bass lure. Here are a few Pics of some of the bass I have caught on this lure.
This 1 weighed 9-5 and you can see the lure if you look closely.


This bass was caught at Jordan and weighed with the scale in my hand in the above pic and went over 10. That scale only went to 10lbs and anything over 10 it flashed dashes.




I recommended this lure to one of my employees(Tony) who is a top notch fisherman and he used it on a recent trip to Santee and caught his 2 best bass of the trip on this lure.




I just hope they don't quit making the Black Tux and Tails.

Mack

ADDED FEB 2014

Today I received a gift from Tony (pictured above) and he made me 2 spinnerbaits that are very close to the ones I like.  I am sure these will work and can't wait to try them out.



Thanks Tony! you are awesome.  Mack 

#bassfishing
#bass
#basslures
#monsterbass

4 comments:

Feather Chucker said...

Ok ok, I'll get one.

Fish Whisperer said...

I still have the one you gave me a few years ago. I caught one of my biggest river bass with that lure on one of our trips last year. Glad I was able to find an alternate.

Mack said...

I am glad you found an alternative as well!!!!

Anonymous said...

Finding the same post last week but didn't get. I'm very pleased with you. However more post about it online, but your understanding is more and more upper with users. I want to share it with my friend who has seeking like this post.
Hello again, I have a little demand from you. Could you please help me reach out a post about Best Lures for Bass. I decided to buy Lures for Bass for me. I heard about it a very lightweight and useful for fishing. I also find from your blog but didn't. If you mention a post with my comment I will be very happy. Waiting for your reply.
Thanks
Bikash Roy