Saturday, May 7, 2016

Two New Shad Flows

2 New Shad Spots


One of my goals in fishing is to catch American and Hickory Shad in as many Flows as Possible.

I have caught Shad in the Santee River, Cape Fear River,  the  Neuse River,  including 5 tributary's of the Neuse which are  Pitchkettle Creek, Village Creek, Half Moon Creek,  Contentnea Creek, Little River,  The Tar River including Fishing Creek, and the Roanoke River.

The Next Streams on my "Bucket List" are The Cashie River, and Swift Creek of Tar Basin.

On 2/28/16 most of the local rivers were flooding and high from all the rain so I decided to make the trip to the Cashie River in Downtown Windsor, North Carolina.  This river starts in the Coastal plain and is short compared to the others so I figured it will not be flooding due to that.   What a nice Eastern NC blackwater river.  I fished it from approximately mid day to dark and caught maybe 10 Hickory Shad.  Not great numbers but I was glad to catch one in the Cashie.

Here is where I fished.



Tuesday the 9th I went to Swift Creek and needless to say I got skunked. I had 1 big White Shad hooked but she came unglued but it was a nice day.   I got to see some nice water and an unexpected surprised was a Black Fox Squirrel I sighted a few miles east of Wesleyan  College.


Saturday March the 13th I decided to go to the Tar River at Old Sparta , NC.    I motored upstream to the confluence of Town creek and proceeded to catch a few at the mouth.   It then hit me that I could go up into Town Creek and  add it to my list of streams.   I didn't catch a lot in there but I caught 4 or 5 and while they were not big I was  happy to catch them.

Here are a few caught in the Tar at the mouth of Town Creek.





Here is one From Town Creek.


Here is a Jon Boat that floated by me while I was anchored in Town Creek.  What  a nice and scenic creek. 


#towncreek
#cashieriver
#tarriver
#windsornc

No comments: