Saturday, May 7, 2016

A Pumpkinseed Kinda Day

Pumpkinseed Bream

May 3, 2016
Location - Crystal Lake


I Started the day fishing Hortons pond adjacent to Jordan Lake.   Not much was  happening there but the water looked great. I Caught a few small crappie , a Warmouth and a bass.  Really the only thing happening there was watching an Osprey nest and the parents coming back and forth bringing fish to the young uns.

Lures used-  Heddon Sonic- no hits.   Buzzbait,  1lb bass on the first cast then ZILCH.  Kalins purple rain grub, several small crappie.  Redworms,  ZILCH.

 I Left and headed south to a lake known for big bream.  I  Had a good day there but couldn't really find the big bream but  I got lucky and found plenty of  nice sized Pumpkinseeds. Some of them were really nice.

The sky looked like it was going to pour rain on me at any time but it never rained  except for just a light sprinkling.  All of my fish today were caught on a bottom rig with a 3/8 oz bell sinker on bottom and 2  - #6 hooks above it spaced aprox 8 inches apart using red worms for bait.

This first one is a Citation size Pumpkinseed.  The NCWRC Angler recognition program list the Pumpkinseed requirements as either 10 inches or 14 ounces. This Pumpkinseed passes the 10 inch mark by a 1/2 inch.


The smallest one of the day. Not a Citation but maybe one day.
 

A few more pictures,,,,



Thunder storms were off and on all day but they all managed to miss me which was great.

Here is my ending to a great day on the water......

Thanks, Mack

#vassnc
#bream
#breamfishing
#crystallake

No comments: