Saturday, May 7, 2016

White Bass Run 2016

White Bass Run 2016

***be sure to see the video at the bottom***
The White Bass Run this year in Central NC has been pretty good. I have been 3 times so far and have done well all 3 times.  

3/26/2016

Went fishing for White Bass with my wife and I may have caught 25~ fish and she probably got 35~ She got more as I was unhooking her fish and just having fun watching her catch them. We caught them 2 ways. 1 by anchored and casting to a known spot and 2 by trolling. When I troll I normally use 2 rods(canoe so a can't troll umpteen) but today we just trolled with 1 line for her as I was doing the paddling and unhooking. We got rained on for aprox 30 mins but otherwise it was a great day. I don't know who had more fun. The Wife, Pete the dog, or myself. Pete absolutely luvs to fish!

We caught White Bass, White Perch, Yellow Perch, Bream, and a couple of stripers. We also saw a Few Eagles, ospreys, Herons, and a Pileated Woodpecker. All fish caught on a 1/8 oz mini trap, small roadrunner, and a small spot.









March 27th,  Went back to the same place ,  My fishing Partner today was the Famous Mark B. (Wuzworthit) who I have known since the 80's. Fish were scattered except we did catch about 20 out of 1 hole. Had several doubles on as well. We also ran into Professional fisherman Turtlestew. and also  Watched an Eagle try to steal a meal from and osprey .







4/15/2016
Went today from 12-6 pm. caught a lot of  White bass.  Most small to medium size with 6 that were good size.  Also caught maybe 10 white perch, 5 or 6 bream and 1- 4lb channel cat. Hottest action was 1230-130.  then sporadic.   Best lures were  chartreuse SSR5 with blue back and orange belly, mini trap, and road runner.    I took one of my old Heddon Sonics and it caught 3  or 4 fish then my knot broke and I lost it. Dang it!!!  I hate I lost that lure.

White Perch and channel cat



Video below added 2022




Thanks for looking,  Mack

#whitebassrun
#whitebass
#hawriver

2 comments:

Feather Chucker said...

I fished around the same area and caught some good ones this year. I only was able to get out twice this year. Kind of sad.

Unknown said...

Enjoy your videos thanks for sharing