Thursday, December 13, 2012

Winter River Bassin

I rarely fish in the winter as I am usually too busy Chasin Fox Skirls:) ,Deer, and other little fury critters. Early spring through fall i can usually be found on a river but not in the winter unless I am chasin ducks. My good friend Jeff called me and asked was I up for a float on one of our favorite rivers. I reluctantly;) said yes as I was tired from taking a new Job(promotion) last week and chasin deer. Glad I said yes. Now, this river in the spring and summer will produce on a good day 40 plus bass 2-6 lbs but I was unsure about this time of year. She didn't produce those numbers but It was a great day on the water with plenty of nice chunks caught.

Date Sunday December 9, 2012
Time-1-5
Water Temp- 53
Lure used- Mainly a Boohya Spinnerbait  and the same for Jeff
Boat used - Old Town 158
Reel used by me- Abu 4600 C-3 loaded with 12 lb Ande on an All Star 7 ' rod
Wildlife seen- 1 eagle, several Herons and Kingfishers.
Probably 30 bass caught between the 2 of us.

Here is a pig that Jeff caught

Here are a few that I caught.







Almost all Bass caught right up on the bank with wood.
Here is another fish Jeff caught. Note the Little one- she has guts hanging out of her side and still smashed his spinnerbait. Tough fish! Evidently this fish had a run in with an Otter or a Heron,



A good day on the river. Thanks Jeff!

3 comments:

Feather Chucker said...

Nice catches. I need to get out there.

Fish Whisperer said...

Not bad for mid December. Always a pleasure.

Anonymous said...

It's great for you to say yes since you have fished those basses. For sure you'll love to come back again on winter season.

south holston river fishing