Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Haw River Float 9/5/14

Nat's Dad called me Wednesday Sept the 3rd to see if I wanted to fish a spot we hadn't been to since last year. We had fished upstream and down but not here so I jumped at this chance to fish here.

Friday afternoon was the day. ND was mainly throwing a Spro Swimbait and his average size bass he was catching was better than mine.  I started off with a pearl fluke and a white buzzer and wasn't gettin any luv. I finally switched to a Cordell Spot and a White Spinnerbait on another rod. The average size I was catching went  up and I ended up with a good solid 5 lber. We probably had 15 bass a piece which is ok as a good day on this river will get you 20-40 bass.  We also caught a lot of  Redbreast , 1 crappie, and the only white perch I have caught this far upstream.

Wildlife seen was lots of Geese, Woodducks, Great Blue Herons, Little Green Herons, White Egrets, lot of Ospreys, and 2 big Bald Eagles which we got to see 1 snag a fish out of the river.

A really good day on the water.







Mack




No comments: