Sunday, February 26, 2017

Slab Crappie were Hitting Today

The plan today(2/25/17) was to take one of my canoes out for some Crappie and Bass fishing with my wife but due to an employee not showing I had to go in and work, thus getting home around 430 or so ad too late to take the canoe out.
We decided to load up some gear and hit a spot I thought may be holding a few crappie. We fished for about 1.5 hours and the action was constant with only a handful being small. 90 percent of em were slabs and all were Black crappie.

We used 2 outfits for the Crappie. 1 rod had a 1/16 oz monks Chartreuse  head with a slider grub and the other had a small cork and spaced 2 ft apart was a 1/16 oz tube jig head with white Berkeley micro power tube.

It was a fun time with a few bream also caught and a couple of small but fat bass caught. We probably could have caught some nice bass and we even had a big bass attack the cork.

The fishing was so good I think I may could of Got Nat's Dad on his first Crappie...

 We could of had a nice fish fry but all were released to fight again.

My Wife with a nice Black Crappie caught on a Berkeley Power tube under a cork



Me with a couple

Here you can see the Slider grub that we used today.  This was one of the few small ones we caught

 2/26/17

Went Back today with Mark B. to my Crappie spot. I was afraid the  bite maybe gone since last nights freezing temps and I was right. We decided to make a move down the lake to another set of riprap and throw Rat l traps and spots on the Sunny side of the Riprap. In about an hour we each caught maybe 5 bass on the lipless cranks.  Mark used a 1/4 oz trap and I used a 1/2 ounce Cordell Spot.  Not a monster I am posting but heard from others it was a tough bite today so we were happy with 10~ Bass. We also got to see a nice sunset so it was an awesome day.









Thanks for looking.

Tags.  "North Carolina Crappie" "North Carolina Largemouth Bass"

2 comments:

venajoe said...

Awesome day! Not a bad follow-up bassin' day either! Rock on, multi-species angling dude!

Mailey Sirus 2 said...

Thank you! Enjoyed the article.