Wednesday, March 29, 2017

First Shad of 2017

March 21st 2017
Location-  Roanoke River   Weldon, NC
Air Temps-  70's
Water Temp- 57
Lures- Tandem jigs

Tuesday March 21st Pete and I hit the Roanoke River in search of my first shad of the year.   The water is extremely low at   2250 cfm.     I caught aprox 25 Hickory Shad.  Most came on Pink headed Jigs with White bodies but I think 1 came on Chartreuse.   Some days they like a particular color and today it was White.   You should always carry White,  Chartreuse and Pink as you can never predict what color is hot. 

Here are a few Pictures

I spent approximately  4 hours on the water with 25~ caught.   This is not really a good number as on a good day in 4 hours you sometimes can catch double that but I am happy with 25~.

Here is a video I posted on You Tube on this trip.   Please subscribe to it and follow this blog if you haven't already.



Thanks for watching.     Mack and Pete 

#shadfishing
#shad
#fishing
#roanokeriver
#roanokerivershadfishing  


1 comment:

venajoe said...

Nice session! Nice video--thoroughly enjoyed it--beautiful spot! Thanks for making and sharing!