Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Fishing with Live Goldfish for Crappie !!! - Crappie Fishing from th...


March 9th, 2019
Crappie Fishing with Goldfish
Location- Central North Carolina Creek
Time -   3-5 Pm
Rod-  7' Abu Super7 Med action
Reel - Okuma  Stratus SGT30
Line- 10 lb Trilene
Hook- #4 Gold wire hook with a split shot
above and 2' under a cork

**Follow me on YouTube here  https://www.youtube.com/user/MackinNC1

**Follow me on InstaGram  here  https://www.instagram.com/macks.river.fishing/

^^ The reason for going with the  outfit listed above is I wanted a longer length to help control the drift and bigger line than I normally use as there are some nice channel cats in this stream that I thought I may luck into one of those.

I have always fished with goldfish but it has always been while I was fishing for Catfish and those were with big Goldfish.   Those big goldfish work fantastic on catfish so I have always thought smaller ones would work  great on Crappie.  This has been a goal of mine to do this and today I made it happen.

I stopped and my local Pet store and got 20 feeder goldfish  for $4.29.  I kept these in a minnow bucket aerated with a Baby Bubbles which does a great Job.     You can see how awesome they work in the video but I had a hit on all 20 Goldfish! It was a great couple hours on the water and I will be sure to do this again on a nearby lake so stay tuned for that !!

Here is a Picture and then my YouTube video







#crappiefishing
#crappiefishingnorthcarolina
#crappie
#fishingwithgoldfish
#goldfish
#fishing