Saturday, May 22, 2010

Stone Mountain trip July 09

I Had shoulder surgery in August of 2009 so I made a lot of trips in late July and early August as I knew I would be out of commission for a while. This is one of those trips. Mainly a hiking and exploring trip but we did fit some trout fishing in. Here are a few pics.

This is atop Stone Mtn. My son with one of his best Friends, Miles.


This is a windswept pine atop Stone Mtn. probably a Table Mtn pine.

This is the top side of Stone Mtn. Falls . Sandy creek is the creeks name. Stone Mtn creek is actually on the other side of the mountain.

And, a view from the bottom.

A nice little water fall on Sandy creek.

We didn't catch a lot of trout today. Probably just 6 or 7 rainbows but is was a very good day to be out on the water. One rock bass caught which was a surprise. All fish caught on rooster tails and blue fox spinners. This is a nice little rainbow that my son caught.

A nice little waterfall on Garden creek.

A great day to be in the woods and on the water. Mack

#stonemountain
#troutfishing

No comments: