Monday, September 13, 2010

Bass float turns into crappiefest!

9/11/2010   Floated a piedmont river from 7 am -1pm.  Water temp at 7am 74 degrees. water temp at 12 was 76 degrees. Water low and clear.  I started off by throwing old dependable(white spinnerbait) and only had 2-3 bass that were 12-13 inches.  I then saw a tree laying over in the water and casted to it. A big crappie nailed it but then I lost her.  I then casted a red roostertail and was rewarded with a broken line(knot) . I mainly was planning to bass fish but dug through my stuff and found some chartreuse curly tails with pinkhead(see shad atricle for pics of lure), a few beetlespins and a roadrunner. I proceeded to catch 30 or so crappie off  of this one tree along with 2 bass  mostly on the jigs. Most crappie were average but all were eatin size and a few were over 12 inches.






































I caught the Crappie and Bream on the Beetle spin.  Get it here-  https://amzn.to/3eZlz0P

On the paddle back to the bridge I caught a few more  bass and a few bream for a total count on bass at around 12......... some were caught on spinnerbait and 2 on  chartreuse lunkerlure. Not a single bass went over 2 lbs today.   Also saw 2 nice 5 lb plus goldfish(koi)     that actually hung around my canoe for a while.

 A nice morning float saved by the good ole crappie. Mack  

#fishingislife
#fishing
#crappiefishing

1 comment:

Feather Chucker said...

Hey bud, I follow your reports on NC Angler. I post there from time to time too. My blog is fishwithkev.blogspot.com. I look forward to your future reports. We should fish together some time. I can't seem to figure the Neuse out.