Monday, September 6, 2010

Piedmont River Float 9/3/2/10

Floated a section of river 9/3 that I have not been on in a while. 10 am -3pm Water low and clear. Water temp 84 degrees. We immedieatly saw 2 bald eagles at the put in. I started by throwing a white buzzer and put 6- 8 fish in the boat real quick. I also was throwing a white spinnerbait and a white floating worm. Most hits came on the buzzer and spinnerbait. A few fell for the worm. 19 bass caught in all by me . Steve I think caught 12,  with 3 of his being the biggest.
Here are the baits I was using today on this river.  These baits work great anytime the water is warm and
clear.
















Clockwise: White Lunker Lure, White Strikeking spinnerbait, and white zoom floating worm

Here is the avg bass caught today.
















Some fish were caught in still water up against wood and others were in fast current areas.














Here is probaly my best fish of the day.












And here is Steves best fish of the day.



















A very nice day on the water. Signs of life everywhere, minnows, fish, deer, muskrats, the 2 baldeagles and we saw 1 big monster snapping turtle.

No comments: