Saturday, April 16, 2011

3rd American Shad Trip Spring 2011

Steve and I headed back down east Friday April 15 to see if we could catch some American Shad.
We went by several of our American Shad spots and nothing was happening with the shad. The recent lack of rain had dropped the water levels and possibly moved the fish back down. We knew we could go to the Roanoke and catch some Hickory Shad but we wanted the big boy's. We each had 1 hookup and each lost A big American Shad!!
Anybody who knows me, knows 1 thing. If I ain't catch'in the fish I set out to catch I will fish for anything that bites. That includes Hornyhead Chubs!......
Here is a few of the fish I caught today.

Caught 2 this size on Rogue.


A Fowler's Toad

Caught 10 or so of these on crickets but not any size to the Bream today.

And last but definitely not least was this ole girl.


A bad day for catchin American Shad but fun was had. After leaving Wiggins Mill on Contentnea Creek,  the eat'in was great as we went to Bill's BBQ and got the buffet!.

Mack

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great report Mack.To bad the shad were not cooperating but thats a big ol largemouth you caught..Hey and I would take a mess of those bream any day..Good job man.

Mack said...

Thanks Jon, can't complain anytime you catch fish and make it home safe.....Mack

Fish Whisperer said...

I noticed you don't have any photos of Steve holding a fish. Then again, I guess that's typical :)