Thursday, July 18, 2013

Frog Giggin by the Son

Got home from work the other evening and my son arrived about the same time with some bamboo tied to the canoe rack. I asked his friend and him what are you doing?. He said he was gonna go gig some frogs. I then asked him did he have a gig and he said yes that u bought me one a few years back. I had forgotten about that. My memory is good it is just short.

Anyway, they go giggin in the pond back behind the house and left me at home cause the ole man was just too tired. My wife asked would they get any. I replied that they might get a couple since it being his first time I doubted they would get many. Note : He has always enjoyed hunting and fishing but hasnt taken it up like his ole man as he has always been into sports big time but since turning 16 he has really pursued fishing. Back to story. Aprox midnight he comes in the house and says how do I clean the frogs. I then asked how many do you have and he said I dont know. Well I go out there and the cooler is loaded with them! I spent the better part of an hour cleaning them and teaching him how to...

The next day he invited his girlfriend over and the other gigger and they fried them all up. Did they save me any? NOOOOOOOOO:( Anyway, I was proud of the boy doing something that I hadnt taught him how to do. I am sure when deer season rolls around that on Saturday evenings(mornings he will be sleeping , tired from football) he will be in one of my deer stands shooting my deer. Oh well,




No comments: