Tuesday, May 19, 2015

34 lb Flathead caught on Shiner

Date 5-6-2015
Location- Central North Carolina Stream
Outfits Used-
Abu Garcia 7000 w/ 40 lb Red Cajun line on 7' Med Hvy American Spirit Nite Stik
http://bottomdwellerstackle.com/american_spirit.htm#Nite_stik_classic
This IMHO is the best Cat Rod for the money

Penn Mag 10 loaded with 40 lb Red cajun line on Berkley Big Game 6'6" Med Hvy
I caught the cat on this out fit.

Rig- Carolina Rig with 3 oz Bank sinker, swivel, 1 ft leader and 7/0 J hook. 

Time- 5:30 PM - 830 pm

Bait Used- 4 goldfish from my last trip and some river shiners and shad caught in castnet

Headed out to one of my favorite spots for Flatheads and and set up my rods in surfrod holders.
I had zero hits on Shad and goldfish. My one lone hit came on the shiner and it was also the smallest bait I had. This Flathead was a mean one.  I doubt I have ever had one fight harder. She was a real brawler and I was lucky to have landed her.   Released her unharmed for another angler to catch.

Bait-



Here is the Trophy of the day. 



Thanks for reading and be sure to check out my YouTube Channel here Mack's River Fishing YouTube Channel


#catfishing
#flatheadcatfish
#NorthCarolinafishing

No comments: