Tuesday, May 19, 2015

May Bream on the Long Rod

I was coming home from work the other day and Jeff called me and asked where I was at. I replied I am at the intersection of road a and b.  He then replied he was only one block behind me so he asked that I pull over up a head so he can give me a lure.  Sure, anytime someone wants to give  me a lure I am all for it.   So, I pull over at this business that I pass every day and golly there is one really nice looking pond here that you cant see from the road.  Jeff couldn't resist throwing some lures and he caught a couple of bass. What I noticed was the Bream bedding.  

I made it a point to take my flyrod with me to work 2 days later so I could hit this spot after work.   I arrived at aprox 6 PM and fished till 830 pm.   The Bream action was awesome and I caught some really nice ones along with some average sized ones which were still fun.   Here are a few pictures





Now this Bream below is not a big one but it is one of the coolest I have ever seen, This bream has a face that is  Greenish white and is identical on both sides. It was actually better in person.

This one was one of the last ones and she put up one heck of  a fight.


Outfit Used-  Daiwa 706 fly reel on a 7 ft rod loaded with 5 weight floating line.
Flies used were a tandem rig of a Yellow popper and a Black ant trailer tied directly to the poppers hook.
Location- Piedmont North Carolina Pond

1 comment:

venajoe said...

Those are some beautiful 'gills! Nice photos and blog entry!