Thursday, June 4, 2015

Piedmont Float 5/29/15

Steve and myself fished a 5 mile stretch of a local river.  The action wasn't like we have seen it in the past, the 1st half of the trip was good but not the great we have been used to, The second half of the trip the bite was terrible. I managed 1 small bass and lost on 3lb bowfin,

I usually fish this river with either a White Buzzer or a white spinnerbait.  Instead today I started off with good solid fish on a Pearl White Super Fluke. I caught maybe 10 of the fluke.
 I then switched to a white spinnerbait and was rewarded with the ole gal.  She was a Brawler.
And another decent bass


probably had 54-56 inches in these 3 fish. For the tourney I will need to add at least 5 inches to do well. A different spot it will be, 



                                      


   Date 5/29/15
   Location- Central North Carolina River
   Lures used- White Pearl Fluke and White 
   Spinnerbait.


A good day on the River, It sure beats workin. We saw herons, Ducks, Osprey's, Deer and 1 lone huge Bald eagle.

Mack



No comments: