Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Fishing with Dad's Favorite Rod on Father's Day

This trip took place on Father's Day 6//19/2016 .Since my Dad has long Passed away(1996) I decided to take his favorite Rod and reel combo out fishing on Father's Day. This combo is one of the old Daiwa Mini-Spin Combo's . This reel is/was Part of the Silver Series from back in the day and it has the clicking sound as you reel just like the bigger 4000C and 7000 c reels had. My dad probably purchased this reel around 1975 or so.  It came with the wire guides that he quickly had replaced with Fuji Ceramic guides.

I took this outfit to a small creek here in Cary that is my bait catching spot for Catfish trips. The fish here are many and hungry though most are on the small size. I caught Green sunfish, Bream, Largemouth and Redbreast today. Bait of choice today was a 1/32 oz green beetle spin but the color doesn't really matter.  Throw a Beetlespin in this creek and it is going to be attacked!

He would be happy knowing that his favorite outfit is still be used and cared for.

Here are a few pics....



 Thanks Mack

No comments: