Saturday, September 17, 2016

My Dogs and Fishing

I have been fortunate enough to have several Dogs that absolutely love(ed) to fish.   Jordan then Sassy the Boxers and now Pete.    Here are some pictures I will post in no particular order though I will try to put the dates on them..


Sassy on the Roanoke river March 2009


 This is probably my favorite fishing picture.   Sassy licking that White Bass on the Haw April 2005. I did not realize she did that until I got home and looked at the picture! Gene Simmons has nothing on Sassy!!

Sassy April 2009 on The Little River

April 2009 on the Haw,  I also really like this one.
                                                                    March 2009.

This picture of Pete is from April 2013 on Contentnea Creek

 
  
 These pictures of Pete are from May 2013 on the Dan River.  It was a good day of fishing but Pete and I had a bad few moments.  Somehow I hooked Pete in one of his ears with a spinnerbait. He was squalling like he was being attacked by a lion. I had to pin him in the bottom of the canoe and take the hook out.   After that He acted like nothing had happened. He returned to wagging his tail just like that.  What a trooper.   Sorry bout that Pete.





This next picture is Pete and myself on Jordan Lake  August 2014



These Next 3 pictures of Pete were from
October 2014 on the Cape Fear River





 


March 2015 in Village Creek off of the Neuse River



May 2015 on Roanoke River, Pete watching me fish.




                                                       July 2015 Crabtree Creek

Pete on the Cashie River Feb 2016

                                                 

April 2016 on the Roanoke River
Pete and I were on a can't miss trip.  Problem was we didn't catch a thing.   But,  we had a good time. 



April 2016 Haw River/Jordan


Sept 2016 Cape Fear River





These trips would have been way less exciting w/o my 4 legged friends.

*********UPDATE***********
10/30/21      I am sorry to say that Pete passed away on September the 24th ,    Still hurts and I miss him
 very much.    See you sometime my special friend.     Mack

#pets
#dogs
#fishing
#mansbestfriend

No comments: