Sunday, April 9, 2017

Big Carp Smackdown - Crabtree Lake

Went Carpin yesterday (4/09/2017)  after work from  4-7 pm with my wife Cindy. Caught 10~ carp and 4 or 5 channel cats in about 3 hours with most of the action coming in hours 2-3.   It was  Good day with a few big ones being landed. I had one really big run that I lost , the hook pulling out for some reason.   The outing started slow but once they started coming in it was on.  We Had 2 doubles on as well.

We were set up on a small point on a local lake using sweetcorn for bait. See below.   The carp in this lake really luv sweetcorn and I have only had 1 day there in the last year where i have not caught a carp.  Hopefully this trend will continue and  will have more post to do in the future on this spot.
  

Bait- Sweetcorn with secret packbait on weight.
Reels used- 2 shimano 3500 Baitrunners , 1 on 8' ugly stik and the other on 7 ft Ugly Stik Tiger-  Daiwa Millionaire II 5000M on Abu 7' rod
Line 16lb Momoi Hi Viz





Here are a few pictures.


Here is my you tube video of the outing





Thanks for looking.

#carpfishing
#carp
#fishing



1 comment:

J.R. Valles said...

I grew up fishing carp with my uncle, dad, and grandpa. Lots of fun. Do you eat them? We'd clean them up and cut the bloodline out and they made for some really nice fish fries.