Thursday, June 8, 2017

Bass Slam Quest - My Quest for the Bass Slam featuring Bartrams, Coosa, Suwannee and Shoal bass

Bass Slam Quest  



The above Chart was evidently done before the Cahaba, and Warrior were declared seperate.

I have had a long desire to catch all of the Black Bass subspecies.  The species are Northern Largemouth, Florida Bass,  Smallmouth, Northern Spotted, Alabama bass, Suwanee, Guadalupe,  Shoal Bass, Choctaw  and the 7 Redeye species which are   The Coosa Redeye, The Bartram's, Chattahoochee,  Altamahaw, Warrior, Cahaba,  and Tallapoosa Bass .   

So far (Feb 2023) I have caught Northern Largemouth, Florida Largemouth, Smallmouth,  Northern Spotted, Alabama Spot, Suwannee, Shoal bass, Coosa and the Bartrams. 

This article will be updated peridiocally as I catch more or add to it. 

Bartram's Bass

 May 2017  I made a trip to South Carolina to get the Bartram's Bass off of this bucket list.   I would of been happy with any size and the first 2 I caught were only 5-6 inches and the next two were 11-12 inches.   I have included my You Tube video of this and just to let you know my wife caught the Biggest. OUCH! it may have been 13 inches but a 13 inch Bartram's is a good one.   It was a nice day on a wonderful river.   The redbreast has some of the strangest color markings I have seen with the red/yellow breast going all the way to the tail.   It was a wonderful trip.

Bartram's Bass from the Chauga River in South Carolina

I caught this one and several like it

My Wife of Course caught the biggest. 




Watch My Bartram's Video here

Shoal Bass

I caught My Shoalie ( Shoal bass ) in May of 2012.  this was a fun trip made with some good friends.
We camped on the Flint River near Thomaston Ga and I caught several Shoalies.   



You can view my blog post here on that camping trip and my Quest for a Shoal Bass here  

Coosa Bass  

April of 2022 I decided to try and get the Coosa bass off of my bucket list.
This Brought me to Rockmart Ga where I fished Eurhalee Creek ( A Tributary of the Etowah River) and while the fishing was tough I did manage 3 with 1 being a very nice one..  This is as big as they get.


Check out the Colors on this one
                                                       

See my Blog Post on the Coosa Adventure Quest https://mackinncblog.blogspot.com/2022/05/i-caught-my-1st-coosa-bass-aka-redeye.html

See my You Tube video on Catching the coosa Bass

Suwannee Bass

January of 2023 I decided to go after the Suwanne Bass.  The Sante Fe River near High Springs would be the area I was going to fish.   I camped at Ginnie Springs and fished upriver day 1 and down river day 2 .  I only caught 1 Suwannee Bass but thats all I needed.    This was and awesome trip.  

My First Suwannee




You can see my Suwannee bass video on You Tube here 

A Great Read of Redeye Bass Fishing - https://amzn.to/3KBdMXF

Thanks and stayed turned for more post on Spotted Bass and Smallmouth

#bassslam
#georgiabassslam

No comments: