Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Spring Shellcrackers 2011

I am home recovering from an operation right now so I fiqured I would post this spring trip I never got a chance to post.  I think the date on this was May 22, 2011.  Shellcrackers caught on the longrod in a local lake in the piedmont of North Carolina .  All caught by using a yellow popper and then an ant trailer tied to the bend in the hook aprox 1 ft behind the popper.  Most caught on Ant trailer but quite a few on the popper. Caught probaly 20-25 nice Shellcrackers

Rundown on gear

Reel- Daiwa SF 706
Line- WF-4-F
Rod- 8'
Flies- Yellow Popper w/Black Ant trailer

Avg size caught



















These Crackers were a blast on the flyrod. 

Mack


4 comments:

Feather Chucker said...

Sorry I never called you over the weekend. I hung pretty close to home. To fish where you guys were getting those stripers I'd need more lead time. To get the OK from my better half.

Unknown said...

Hope you recover quickly Mack. Those were some nice shell crackers you caught.

Mack said...

Thanks Jon, Hope to be fishing in a few weeks.
Also, for some reason I can't post comments on your blog now. I dont know if it is my computer or something else wrong????

South Georgia Kayak Fishing said...

I gotta try the popper with the ant trailer trick! Great idea!