Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cary, North Carolina Urban Creek Fishing

Friday June the 15th I had  2  fishing  trips planned.  1st, see last post , was taking my son Bass fishing on an unnamed river.  2nd was to fish for carp and cats in the evening at Lake Crabtree. I needed some cutbait for the evening trip so I made a run to a nearby creek that is very very tiny but always has eager fish in it. My son actually caught his first fly rod fish there probaly 10 years ago.  Now this "crik" doesn't look like much as you can jump accross it in most areas but it is full of fish...Tiny fish mostly,  but I have seen some 1 and 2 lb bass in there but most will be around 10-11 inches. I caught probably 20 redbreast, 5 Bass and 1 bream in about 20 minutes of fishing. Fun fishing !  The lure used today was a 1/32 oz beetle spin and an ul spinning reel with 4 lb test.




Mack

No comments: