Friday, June 29, 2012

June Smallie action

I had Tuesday June the 26th off so I headed to a favorite river of mine ( The Dan River )  for some Smallie action. Fished from 4:30 pm till dark. Air temp was right at 80 deg  at the put in and 65 deg  when I took out at dark. Nice! 
I caught 10~ smallies with most being small but 2 were decent fish. 1/2 the smallies caught on a 3/8 oz Chartresue spinnerbait and 1/2 on a pumpkinseed grub on a 1/4 oz jig head.  I also managed 1 channel cat on the spinnerbait and 1 White Bass on the grub. This is about a 3 mile float with slack water and some fast water. Highlights were some ospreys and 2 groundhogs.

Here are a few pics.
A nice jon boat on the river.



This Smallie has a scar on her back from a heron or some other predator.


My best fish of the day. She did not want to get into the canoe!


This Channel Cat ruined my spinnerbait.


A White bass was an added bonus. She hit the grub.

 
Thanks for reading , Mack

#danriver
#smallmouthbass

3 comments:

Feather Chucker said...

That looked like a pretty good day. Neat to get a white bass this time of year.

Anonymous said...

That was me on the jon boat. Nice day just no hawgs!

Mack said...

Email me at mack4321@earthlink.net
I would like to get up with you if you wish to do that float we talked about. Thanks Mack