Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Few Hrs on The Haw River

Sunday April the 1st was a busy day and my son wanted to go fishing.  I had the Haw River in mind but after  Hour drive we only had 2 1/2 - 3 hrs to fish but hey!, it beats not fishing.
We arrived at the ramp to dingy and  slightly high water. I gave my son a 6 ft. spinning reel. with a Saros 3000 loaded with 14 lb Fireline and he would be throwing a white spinnerbait. I was using a 7' med rod with an  Abu Garcia 4600 loaded with 12 lb Ande line and also throwing a spinnerbait,  but mine was chartreuse.
We each had about 5 hits and each landed 2. I landed 2 Bass each about 2 lbs and he Landed 1 bass and 1 Bowfin. Not a  great day  as the bites were slow.  Oh, I almost forgot. My last hit was a massive fish which had to be a monster Bowfin by the way she fought. Needless to say I lost her.
Here are a few Pictures.

Haw River Bowfin
Boat and Gear Used-
Coleman Scanoe
Minn Kota Endura 55
Delco Voyager Battery


Thanks Mack

1 comment:

Fish Whisperer said...

I didn't think there were any bass there. Fish any creeks off the main river?