Monday, April 1, 2013

Penny's Bend White Bass Reports for 2013

3/29/2013
I am probably going to be fishing Penny's Bend and some of the surrounding water more this year since I have taken a job in Granville co. I haven't fished here in 2 years but I gave it a go on the 29th of March.
 I have been hearing reports of good catches on some days and  bad on others . I arrived at PB at aprox 5 pm and started throwing a small chartreuse sassy shad. I immediately caught a handful of eager White's. I then called my buddy Steve to tell him . I NEVER SHOULD OF DONE THAT! ..I did not get one more hit. I took the water Temp and it was a chilly 52 degree's. Dang it! I tried almost every lure I brought with me and the only one that got a look was the Sassy Shad.  When I last fished here in  March 2011 the water temp was 62 Degrees( see http://mackinncblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/pennys-bend-white-bass-32411.html) and the fish were biting good so better fishing should be in store. I decided to hit a spot below the bridge but nada.   As I am about to leave,  well known Master Fly fisherman Kevin Frank comes walking up river. He reported that the downstream bite wasn't that good today either.
Here are a few pictures from today.


***You can get your sassy shad here - https://youtu.be/XUwSAeM6cVU
Use on a 1/4 oz jig head

My  next trip(s) here will be added on to this post . 

#pennysbend
#whitebass

2 comments:

Feather Chucker said...

haha, I don't know about "Master Fly Fisherman." It was nice finally meeting you in person. I'm glad you caught some.

Mack said...

Thanks Kevin. Master Fly Fisherman is what u are. Mack