Monday, April 7, 2014

Monster Bass !!! Can I get a BOOYAH!!!.......... 1st Lunker of the year.

April 2014
Booyah Spinnerbait that is!!!!!!!

Today after work I headed to a spot to do a little bank fishing to relieve some stress.  530 PM-630pm. Water was clear as it gets here and the water temp was 61 degrees with an air temp of about the same.
I started off with a road runner and caught a few small white perch (I was after huge crappie this spot is known for) and with nothing but small perch hittin I put on a 1/2 oz chartreuse booyah spinnerbait .
On my 3rd cast , BAAMMMM   she  felt like a good 3 or 4 lber and then her head came up and I thought "jeepers that's a hawg" then she started fighting and got me wrapped twice but I finally got her in. Thank goodness for 12 lb Ande line. That line is really tough!!!!. Only bass I caught in an hour of fishing but I wont complain.
Oh, If it wasn't for a trailer hook I would of never caught her.

See this post for how I do my trailer hooks-   http://mackinncblog.blogspot.com/2014/02/trailer-hooks-for-spinnerbaits.html 



Get the Booyah Tux and Tails here -    https://amzn.to/3UtrLRQ



The Bank on this spot has a lot of burrowing crayfish which I guess adds to the forage here.



 
Burrowing crayfish home


Thanks for lookin.................

#hugebass
#monsterbass
#bassfishing



1 comment:

Feather Chucker said...

Let me guess, this was 2miles from my house.