Monday, April 7, 2014

My First Two Bass Outings for 2014

This is a report of my first 2 Bass outings of 2014.  I have been really busy and made it a point to get out to one of my favorite childhood spots(come to think of it,  it is one of my favorite spots even today).    This is awesome in the early spring and rat l trap style baits here work wonders.

1st trip was on March the 30th from 7 am - 930 and I caught 8.   All were from 2 lbs up to 4lbs with one lost big un.  2 were caught on a Booyah Spinnerbait, 2 hit a swimming super fluke on a 1/2 oz jig head and 4 hit a Cordell Spot.   

The air temp was a chilly 43 degrees with a water temp of 46 degrees.   Water was stained.

A few pics of the first trip



Now the Second trip-

This trip took place on 4-2 and was from 7am to 9am. Water temp had climbed from 46 the other day to 51 deg today.  I also caught 8 bass again with the smallest being around 2.5 lbs and the biggest maybe pushing 5. All hit the Cordell Spot but I also threw the Super Fluke on Jighead but had no takers on that one.  Had to leave biting fish to get to a doctors appt.   Dangit!!!

Here are a few pics- 


Thanks for looking-  Remember the Trap or Spot is awesome right now!

No comments: