Saturday, April 5, 2014

Hickory Shad on The Roanoke with Aki, March 15, 2014

Aki and I made the trip to the Roanoke River at Weldon , North Carolina  3/15/14 in search of some more shad ( the Tar was Good 2 weeks ago but we needed more shad) ....

We arrived at the ramp at 4 pm and I immediately started throwing a big sassy shad for stripers . Got a few hits but no good takes. I put the rod down and picked up my shad rod and on the third cast caught a hickory.

Today, to get a hit you really had to slow the retrieve down and be deep, the shad came through in waves and 1 person caught one then the next person would. Not a great day but we caught enough to get our "FIX" . The stripers were also biting a little right at dark and I couldn't get one but Aki did.

After dark we headed over to Cracker Barrel and My wife and her family(my wife is taking care of her mother this weekend) and I told them Aki was a son of mine I hadn't told them about, I wish I had a pic of meemaws surprised look. funny stuff.

Here are a few pictures and then a video of Aki landing his first Roanoke River Shad.


Video of Aki Landing a Shad....His first??


Thanks for lookin. Mack

No comments: