Sunday, April 20, 2014

Back to the Chain Pickeral (Jack) Capital of the World- Lake Mayo


This past Friday(4/19/14) I had promised my good friend Rodney that I would meet him somewhere to fish.   That somewhere where he wanted to go was Lake Mayo and since I hadn't been here in 2 years I was eager to wet a line here.   see-  http://mackinncblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/jack-chain-pickerel-capital-of-world.html

We both arrived at the launch at 2 pm and fished until dark.  Funny, this was about the same conditions I had last time.  A warm period then several cold nights to shut the fish off. It is really a wonder we caught anything.
After a lot of lure changing I finally found a lure they would hit.  The Rapala brokenback( J11) in Firetiger.  This may have not been the best pattern I may have found if I kept changing lures but I was happy to just catch fish after a few coooold nights so I stuck with the J11. Most fish came by casting parallel to the bank and maybe 10 yds off the bank.
I caught 3 Jack and maybe 6 Bass on it with 1 Bass falling to a Roadrunner.

Get your  Rapala FireTiger  J11 Here - https://amzn.to/3VCP1NH

Here are a few pictures-





Nothing over 2 lbs today but I was just happy having a tug on the line.

Mack

No comments: