Wednesday, April 23, 2014

White Bass in a Creek

I had a little time after work today (4/23/14) so I decided to check out a creek that flows in Falls Lake.  This creek holds lots of nice crappie but I was unsure of any White bass making it in there.   I arrived at the spot at aprox  7pm and hiked upstream a few hundred yards.  I was getting some hits on a White 1/16 oz super roostertail and was catching a lot of small white perch.  I lost that lure and I had 1 crappie jig in my ultralite box.  A Kalan's  grub in the "Acid Rain" color got the call and I immediately started getting hits on it.  Most were small white perch but I did catch a handful of decent White bass with one being a really nice one.   I also lost that lure and then put on a SSR #5 . That's a shallow shad rap #5 and I got a few hard strikes by catfish. I lost one about 4-5 lbs and caught a channel cat aprox 2 lbs and also one small bass. Next time I will be better prepared for this spot.



Here are a few pics.
This White Bass was a Brawler. 

 
Another one-
 

 Mack

No comments: