Sunday, April 20, 2014

Back to my favorite Spot

I called Steve and asked him did he want to go to my favorite spot. He said YES , but  I warned him about the dog and the copperheads.  We made it up there at daylight and the action was fast! Well, at least for me.  I caught 8 bass on the Cordell spot in a little over an hour as we had to leave just after 8 to get Steve to his work.  The water was a little high and stained but the fish don't care. No lunkers today but some good action.  Also,  here you need a good long casting reel to reach the best spots.

 I really like the Daiwa 2600ss for this long distance casting along with the Calcutta Baitcaster. Both reels are spooled with 12lb line.



see       http://mackinncblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/my-first-two-bass-outings-for-2014.html     for my first two trips at this spot for this year

Trip - 4/12/14  daylight to 815am

No comments: